Searcy Financial Services, Inc. is an SEC registered investment advisor located in Overland Park, Kansas. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. and its representatives are in compliance with the current filing requirements imposed upon SEC registered investment advisors by those states in which Searcy Financial Services, Inc. maintains clients. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. may only transact business in those states in which it is registered, or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration requirements. As an independent Registered Investment Advisor, Searcy Financial Services, Inc. may transact business in any state in which the filing requirements are met. Additional registrations are obtained on a state by state basis, as needed, to manage a client relationship. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. website is limited to the dissemination of general information pertaining to its advisory services, together with access to additional investment-related information, publications, and links. Accordingly, the publication of Searcy Financial Services, Inc. website on the Internet should not be construed by any consumer and/or prospective client as Searcy Financial Services, Inc. solicitation to effect, or attempt to effect transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, over the Internet. Any subsequent, direct communication by Searcy Financial Services, Inc. with a prospective client shall be conducted by a representative that is either registered or qualifies for an exemption or exclusion from registration in the state where the prospective client resides. For information pertaining to the registration status of Searcy Financial Services, Inc., please contact the SEC or the state securities law administrators for those states in which Searcy Financial Services, Inc. maintains a notice filing. A copy of Searcy Financial Services, Inc. current written disclosure statement discussing Searcy Financial Services, Inc. business operations, services, and fees is available from Searcy Financial Services, Inc. upon written request. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. will not under any circumstances offer investment advice or any other advisory services prior to a signed written agreement in place between the client and Searcy Financial Services, Inc. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. does not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness, or relevance of any information prepared by any unaffiliated third party, whether linked to Searcy Financial Services, Inc. website or incorporated herein, and takes no responsibility therefore. All such information is provided solely for convenience purposes and all users thereof should be guided accordingly. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Therefore, no current or prospective client should assume that future performance of any specific investment, investment strategy (including the investments and/or investment strategies recommended or undertaken by Searcy Financial Services, Inc.) or product made reference to directly or indirectly by Searcy Financial Services, Inc. in its website, or indirectly via a link to an unaffiliated third party website, will be profitable or equal the corresponding indicated performance level(s). Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment will either be suitable or profitable for a client or prospective client's investment portfolio. Historical performance results for investment indices and/or categories generally do not reflect the deduction of transaction and/or custodial charges, the deduction of an investment management fee, nor the impact of taxes, the incurrence of which would have the effect of decreasing historical performance results.
Certain portions of the Searcy Financial Services, Inc. website (i.e. newsletters, articles, commentaries, etc.) may contain a discussion of, and/or provide access to, Searcy Financial Services, Inc.'s (and those of other investment and non-investment professionals) positions and/or recommendations as of a specific prior date. Due to various factors, including changing market conditions, such discussion may no longer be reflective of current position(s) and/or recommendation(s). Moreover, no client or prospective client should assume that any such discussion serves as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized advice from Searcy Financial Services, Inc., or from any other investment professional. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. is neither an attorney nor accountant, and no portion of the website content should be interpreted as legal, accounting or tax advice.
Searcy Financial Services, Inc. does not provide tax or legal advice. We may provide points for discussion that pertain to tax or legal matters. In such instances, we recommend that you seek the counsel of an attorney, accountant or other qualified tax advisor regarding these matters as they apply to specific situations.
To the extent that any client or prospective client utilizes any economic calculator or similar device contained within or linked to the Searcy Financial Services, Inc. website, the client and/or prospective client acknowledges and understands that the information resulting from the use of any such calculator/device, is not, and should not be construed, in any manner whatsoever, as the receipt of, or a substitute for, personalized individual advice from Searcy Financial Services, Inc., or from any other investment professional. Each client and prospective client agrees, as a condition precedent to his/her/its access to the Searcy Financial Services, Inc. website, to release and hold harmless Searcy Financial Services, Inc., its officers, directors, owners, employees and agents from any and all adverse consequences resulting from any of his/her/its actions and/or omissions which are independent of his/her/its receipt of personalized individual advice from Searcy Financial Services, Inc.
2. All material ("materials") displayed or transmitted on this website, including but not limited to text, photographs, images, illustrations, video clips, audio clips, and graphics are owned by Searcy Financial Services, Inc. and are protected by the laws of the United States and international laws governing copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary rights.
3. The concepts and intellectual properties exhibited on this site are for your personal use. Except as provided in this disclosure, you may not copy, reproduce, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, lease, modify, re-post, perform, display, or distribute, or in any way commercially exploit the materials carried on this website. You may not infringe upon any of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights contained in the materials. You may not remove or alter, nor cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, logos, or other proprietary notices, from the materials.
4. You may download a single print copy of any selected materials on this website for personal use only, so long as you do not remove, nor cause to be removed, any copyright, trademarks, or other proprietary notices or visual marks or logos from the materials. You may not reproduce, republish or archive any of the materials accessed on this website without the express written permission of Searcy Financial Services, Inc. All requests for reproduction, republication or archiving of any part of the materials must be in writing to Searcy Financial Services, Inc., and must clearly state the purpose and manner in which the material will be used. Requests for permission to reproduce, republish, or archive any part of the materials may be submitted to Searcy Financial Services, Inc., 12980 Foster Street, Suite 160, Overland Park, Kansas 66213-2703.
5. You acquire no rights or license whatsoever in the materials other than the limited rights to use the website in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any of the materials accessed or downloaded from this website must be accessed or downloaded in accordance with the terms and conditions of use specified in this agreement. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. reserves any rights not expressly granted under these terms and conditions of use.
6. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. reserves the right to temporarily, or permanently modify, update, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use of or access to this website or any portion of this website, at any time and without notice or liability. You further agree that Searcy Financial Services, Inc. shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or termination of this website.
7. Your use of this website is at your own risk. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. assumes NO LIABILITY based on information contained herein. This website is provided on an "AS IS," and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
You expressly understand and agree that Searcy Financial Services, Inc. shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, goodwill, overhead, expenses, data, or any other loss that arise as a result of your use of or inability to use this website. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Searcy Financial Services, Inc., its directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation or arbitration arising out of or relating to your use of this website or the information presented within it.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, or the limitation / exclusion of liability for certain damages. The disclaimers and limitations therefore apply to the maximum extent allowable by law.
8. This website may from time to time contain links or pointers to other websites that are maintained by third parties. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. does not operate or control in any way any information, products or services on these third-party websites and Searcy Financial Services, Inc. expressly disclaims any responsibility for such third-party websites, which are provided for your convenience on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
9. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Searcy Financial Services, Inc. regarding the use of this website, and supercedes any prior agreements, either written or oral, between you and Searcy Financial Services, Inc. for the use of this website. This agreement may be amended or modified by Searcy Financial Services, Inc. at any time and without notice to the other party.
11. If any provision of this Policy is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, the remaining provisions shall remain valid and unimpaired, and shall continue in full force and effect.
12. Access to Searcy Financial Services, Inc.'s website may be monitored for security purposes and access statistics. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. may monitor the requested URL's, the machine originating the request, and the time that the request is logged. Such information is used for purposes such as personalization, verification, and site effectiveness. You understand that this website may use "cookies" to store and help track information.
13. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. respects the privacy and security of its users. Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on-line, such as on message boards, through e-mail, in discussion groups, or chat areas, others may use your information. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. DOES NOT and WILL NOT make your personal information available to any third parties unless so required by order of a court, subpoena, or other legal process deemed by our legal counsel to be valid and enforceable.
14. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires its users to do likewise. You understand and agree to respect and refrain from infringing any and all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and all other proprietary information of all persons and companies. By submitting information to this site, you represent and warrant that the submission, installation, copying, distribution, and use of such information will not violate any other party's proprietary rights. You expressly agree not to post any trade secrets, copyrighted information of which you are not the copyright owner, or any proprietary information other than your own to this site, unless you have legal authority to do so from the owner of such information.
If you believe that any material posted to this site violates your copyright, please provide this site's Copyright Agent with the following information:
a) A description of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringed;
b) A description of the allegedly infringing material and where the material is located on the site;
c) Your mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
d) A statement that you have good faith to believe that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright holder, its agent, or under the law;
e) A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided in the Notice to this site regarding the claimed copyright infringement is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf;
f) An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner, or of a person designated to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
g) The signatory's full legal name.
h) The Center for Fiduciary Studies owns the mark AIF® and AIFA®, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing accreditation requirements.
Searcy Financial Services, Inc. maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect its clients' nonpublic personal information ("information"). Through this policy and its underlying procedures, Searcy Financial Services, Inc. attempts to secure the confidentiality of customer records and information and protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of customer records and information.
It is the policy of Searcy Financial Services, Inc. to restrict access to all current and former clients' information (i.e., information and records pertaining to personal background, investment objectives, financial situation, tax information/returns, investment holdings, account numbers, account balances, etc.) to those employees and affiliated/nonaffiliated entities who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to the client. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. may disclose the client's information if Searcy Financial Services, Inc. is: (1) previously authorized to disclose the information to individuals and/or entities not affiliated with Searcy Financial Services, Inc., including, but not limited to the client's other professional advisors and/or service providers (i.e., attorney, accountant, insurance agent, broker-dealer, investment adviser, plan administrator, account custodian, etc.); (2) required to do so by judicial or regulatory process; or (3) otherwise permitted to do so in accordance with the parameters of applicable federal and/or state privacy regulations. The disclosure of information contained in any document completed by the client for processing and/or transmittal by Searcy Financial Services, Inc. in order to facilitate the commencement/continuation/termination of a business relationship between the client and a nonaffiliated third party service provider (i.e., broker-dealer, investment adviser, account custodian, insurance company, etc.), including information contained in any document completed and/or executed by the client for Searcy Financial Services, Inc. (i.e., advisory agreement, client information form, etc.), shall be deemed as having been automatically authorized by the client with respect to the corresponding nonaffiliated third party service provider.
To ensure protection against identity theft Searcy has implemented an Identity Theft Protection Program (ITPP) that controls reasonably foreseeable risks to our clients or to the safety and soundness of our firm from identity theft. We have developed our ITPP to adequately identify and detect potential red-flags to prevent and mitigate identity theft.
Proxy Voting Policy
Searcy Financial Services, Inc. does not vote client proxies. Therefore, although Searcy Financial Services, Inc. may provide investment advisory services relative to client investment assets, Searcy Financial Services, Inc. clients maintain exclusive responsibility for: (1) directing the manner in which proxies solicited by issuers of securities beneficially owned by the client shall be voted, and (2) making all elections relative to any mergers, acquisitions, tender offers, bankruptcy proceedings or other type events pertaining to the client's investment assets. Searcy Financial Services, Inc. and/or the client shall correspondingly instruct each custodian of the assets to forward to the client copies of all proxies and shareholder communications relating to the client's investment assets. Any questions regarding Searcy Financial Services, Inc.'s proxy voting policy shall be directed to John Fales, Chief Compliance Officer of Searcy Financial Services, Inc. at 913-814-3800.